Acquisitions Associate, North America (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix is currently looking for an Acquisitions Associate to cover for an employee on maternity leave. This a full-time, contract position based out of our Toronto Office.
This position will be responsible for supporting the North American acquisitions team in acquiring Canadian and US unscripted TV programs for Cineflix Rights’ Third-Party Distribution Catalogue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track TV news and trends in the market and provide relevant feedback to internal stakeholders as well as to third-party producers
- Maintain day-to-day communication with producers and attend external calls and meetings as necessary to review new content and development slates
- Use commercial knowledge to help evaluate new program submissions and assist in making recommendations to internal departments
- Maintain a record of all acquisitions-related activities in the acquisitions and sales management databases
- Work closely with the finance team to create investment cases for management approval and continue to liaise with Finance regarding royalties and payment schedules as applicable
- Prepare offer letters and distribution information sheets, liaising with Business Affairs on commercial terms to help see agreements through to signature
- Liaise with sales executives on a regular basis to disseminate information about acquired properties
- Ensure effective account management for all producer partners including tracking the delivery of programs and materials, keeping internal teams updated
- Coordinate with the marketing department to ensure successful program launch strategies
- Create detailed post-market and general sales reports (e.g. MIPCOM & MIPTV) to include qualitative and quantitative feedback on sales activity to distribute to third-party producers
- Answer all queries from producers and key internal departments (sales/marketing/legal) in a timely manner
- 4+ years experience in TV or film distribution or related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of the North American TV landscape, including major broadcasters and streaming platforms
- Good understanding of television rights
- Experience reading and understanding legal contracts
- Advanced in Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Manager, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.