Administrative Assistant, Corporate Finance (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,500 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking to fill the role of Administrative Assistant, Corporate Finance (Admin Assistant) on a permanent, part-time, three-day per week basis. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounts Payable and Procurement, the Admin Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to our Corporate Finance team, processing and tracking internal reporting such as credit card logs, expense reports, POs, invoices, and other accounts payable records. This role is based in our Toronto office on a hybrid schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, download, and track credit card logs and balance reports through the internal portal into Excel.
- Prepare credit card reports monthly and issue to internal credit card holders for population. Coordinate completion and proper submission of reports before established deadlines.
- File and process Accounts Payable (AP) remotely (AP invoices, EFTs, POs, etc.).
- Send filings and reports for signature through AdobeSign as needed.
- Enter and process expense reports and POs, verifying entries and request back up if needed.
- Assist and create expense reports for select internal executives.
- Prepare GL breakdown sheets and attach invoices and enter data into internal accounting software, Great Plains (GP) for select contractors.
- Prepare statement of Accounts Payable checking them against GP entries across 5 companies
- Extract reports from GP for Treasury on a weekly basis
- Prepare quarterly recharge reports
- Assist in maintaining the ‘invoices’ email inbox
- Other tasks as required by the Senior Accounts Payable & Procurement Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience in similar role
- Able to work independently as well as work co-operatively with others to achieve common objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong excel skills a must.
- Knowledge of Great Plains and Management Reporter is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree (Major in Accounting) or accounting certificate is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human, Resources, Mackenzie Graham at https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/careers/57?source=aWQ9MTc%3D . No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.