ASSISTANT, HUMAN RESOURCES (MONTREAL)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking for a Human Resources (HR) Assistant. The HR Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the online filing systems, updating our internal database (HRIS) and other tracking systems and assisting with recruitment across all offices, along with other administrative tasks and projects.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Montreal or Toronto office, depending on the selected candidate’s place of residence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Update and maintain the HRIS database system with all production personnel contracts and related paperwork.
- Scan and save contracts and related paperwork into the shared server.
- Maintain training certificate reporting, follow up on missing certificates for active employees
- Confirm departures for in-office production staff and produce weekly reports.
- Coordinate background checks.
- Assist with recruitment: posting, CV review, interview scheduling and coordination.
- Project based work, including research and preparing project plans for execution.
- Track vacation requests and produce reports as needed.
- Coordinate internship requests and prepare internship agreements based on templates.
- Assist with contract, amendment and offer letter drafting.
- Prepare monthly department expense reports and credit card logs.
- Assist with the onboarding/offboarding process for Corporate staff.
- Provide additional administrative support as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have high proficiency on Mac and Microsoft office programs.
- Experience working with a HRIS database system is an asset.
- Highly organized, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, and punctuality.
- Strong time management skills, and able to problem solve under tight deadlines.
- Able to work quickly and accurately.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham (https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25&source=aWQ9MTc%3D). No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.