Assistant Production Accountant (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix is looking to fill the position of Assistant Production Accountant. This is a full-time, permanent position based out of our Toronto office.
The Assistant Production Accountant is responsible for assisting the Production Accountant in managing finances and maintaining financial records during TV production. The Assistant Production Accountant deals with all Accounting administrative duties required by the Production Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with Production Accountant to track all costs.
- Match PO dockets to actual expenses.
- Input and audit all Petty Cash.
- Input and audit all Prepaid Credit Card reports.
- Input and audit expense reports making sure they comply with Production Accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain a list of preferred vendors.
- Input cheque requisitions and invoices for Accounts Payable making sure they comply with Production Accounting policies and procedures.
- Bank Runs and administrative duties with other Assistant Production Accountants.
- Set up and manage filing systems for individual Productions.
- Provide monthly/quarterly Cheque Summary Reports for Corporate Reconciliation.
- Run AP Vendor lists for Weekly Treasury Reports.
Skills and Qualification
- Team Player – Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to take instruction from multiple people.
- Responsiveness – Ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand environment Strong interpersonal and customer service skills Ability to work to short timelines. Ability to prioritise workload.
- Professionalism – maintains professionalism and confidentiality.
- Technical: Working knowledge of EP Global Vista System an asset. Must be proficient (advanced level) with Microsoft Office programs (word, excel)
- Experience – Knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Production Accounting experience an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Manager, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.