Business Affairs Executive (London, UK)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Rights is seeking to recruit a Business Affairs Executive on a full-time contract, based in our London office. Reporting to the Director of Business Affairs, Cineflix Rights, the Business Affairs Executive will be responsible for reviewing and agreeing with a range of distribution contracts, all to Cineflix’s quarterly and yearly deadlines.
Working within a small team located in our London & Dublin office the Business Affairs Executive will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Interpreting Deal Memos supplied by Sales Executives and accurately enter the sales licence terms (rights, finance & materials etc) onto Cineflix’s rights management system (“Rightstracker”).
- Prepare and issue standard sales licences contracts from a system generated template, review distribution contracts issued on client paperwork to ensure that they accurately reflect instructions issued by the Sales Department on a standard internal deal memo and negotiate through to execution.
- Prepare and negotiate agreements ancillary to sales such as dubbing and access agreements
- Ensure all such contracts conform to precedents previously agreed between Cineflix and the client in question and, where none exist, negotiate precedents in conjunction with the Director of Business Affairs.
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, Business Affairs and Materials departments within Cineflix to ensure that sales licences are issued, negotiated and executed to company quarterly and annual deadlines, communicating any issues that may arise in the process.
- Draft custom special conditions for contracts as requested by the Sales Department including by way of example: options over future seasons; options to extend; premiere holdbacks; limited rights exceptions; and availability windowing.
- Assist the Finance and Business Affairs teams in Ireland & Canada with any other ancillary contract matters as they arise.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a distribution, acquisition and/ or broadcast Business Affairs and/ or Rights environment is essential.
- Legal background or University degree or recognised qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Experienced in working in a commercial environment and closing contracts to tight deadlines.
- Competent user of databases, specifically with a minimum of 5 years experience in rights management systems.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Team player who can also work well independently
- Strong overall administration skills, with good attention to detail
- Ability to think logically and use analysis to trouble-shoot
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; excellent time management.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process