Coordinator, Communications (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
The Communications Coordinator works with the Senior Manager, Publicity and the Director of Communications in the development and execution of publicity initiatives to ensure consistent, positive, frequent, and regular media coverage for the company’s content, sales, and acquisitions divisions, along with the various producer partners that are part of the Cineflix group. This is a full time position based out of either our Montreal or Toronto office, depending on the selected candidate’s place of residence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, maintain, and update media lists
- Actively monitor the media for Cineflix and producer partner coverage
- Compile daily media clippings report for distribution to key stakeholders
- Distribute media releases internally
- Prepare program-specific media reports
- Coordinate and assist with media day logistics
- Update and maintain departmental assets including publicity files, departmental trackers, organizational tools, and IMDB
- Coordinate all industry awards and festivals, including pitches and submissions, collecting data and materials, and booking ceremony attendance
- Craft and distribute internal announcements for show premieres as well as award nominations and wins
- Craft network deliverables including loglines, short/long synopses, and episodics
- Copyedit corporate, production, sales, publicity, and marketing materials
- Caption production photos according to broadcaster specifications and style guides
- 2+ years of experience in communications role and a diploma / degree / post-graduate from a public relations / communications post-secondary program
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to time manage while balancing multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiative
- Organized with excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.