Coordinator, Human Resources (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,500 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix is currently looking for a Coordinator for the Human Resources department. This is a full-time position based in our Toronto office, on a Hybrid in-office schedule. The Human Resources Coordinator’s mandate will include projects and initiatives such as the coordination of Cineflix’s mentorship and internship programs, full-cycle recruitment, assisting with the implementation of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) initiatives and policy research and development. The individual in this role reports to the Director of Human Resources and works closely with the Human Resources team based in both Toronto and Montreal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research new recruitment options for all offices and productions
- Liaise/create relationships with DE&I recruitment sources
- Assist with creation of Job Descriptions for posting
- Post position on internal HRIS as well as external recruitment sites
- Read resumes and select candidates for long-list initial phone screenings
- Coordinate scheduling interviews
- Conduct initial phone screenings
- Liaise with position managers to discuss short-list candidates
- Conduct reference checks
- Assist with onboarding of selected candidate
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- Work closely with the HR Director on development, implementation, and coordination of all DE&I initiatives
- Participate in DE&I related meetings
- Coordinate DE&I seminars and speaker series
- Maintain observance calendar and coordinate internal events
- Research best practices for all offices
- Define parameters and processes
- Liaise with various departments and external internship coordinators from various schools to find appropriate placements in accordance with our needs and prepare internship agreements.
- Coordinate the Cineflix Productions External Mentorship program in accordance with the management directions.
- Coordinate the future internal mentorship program in accordance with the HR team’s direction.
- Research and update info on internal Cineflix Intranet HR related content – D&I, policies, COVID, etc
- Work closely with the HR Director on development, implementation, and coordination of special projects (long-term and short-term)
Other Human Resources tasks:
- Draft select employment paperwork (offer letters, contracts, etc.) at the direction of the HR Director
- Active Member of the Event Planning Committee in Toronto; plan and coordinate internal events
- Assist with the Toronto Health and Safety committee
- Coordinate background checks
- Input information and run reports from Cineflix’s HRIS – BambooHR (Vacation, employee info, etc)
- Provide additional administrative support as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have high proficiency on Mac and Microsoft office programs especially Excel
- Experience working with a database system (HRIS), prior experience with BambooHR is an asset
- Highly organized, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, and punctuality.
- Strong time management skills, and able to problem solve under tight deadlines.
- Able to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, at https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/careers/49?source=aWQ9MTc%3D. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.