Coordinator, Marketing and Communications (Montreal)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking to fill the role of Coordinator, Marketing and Communications. The coordinator supports the marketing and communications department. The main responsibilities of the role include coordinating the receipt, selection, and archive of programming visual assets for delivery to broadcasters as well as coordinating cross-promotional efforts by the company, its partners, and associates; assisting in the development of strategies to promote the company’s catalogue of shows through the corporate website and social media accounts; monitoring all social media activity relating to the company, its partners, shows, and competitors; ensuring consistent and up-to-date messaging in all corporate communications through the company’s intranet, website, and social media accounts.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in either our Montreal or Toronto office, depending on the selected candidate’s place of residence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Communications & Social Media
- Editorial Calendar: draft and maintain social media editorial calendar (monthly and weekly) for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Cineflix Media Social Media Management: Develop social media plan for show-specific accounts. Includes drafting creative copy in accordance with series tone, select and prep visual components, engage with followers monitor fan social media activity and press coverage.
- Create new social media accounts when needed, order visual branding assets, produce content, and manage social channels.
- Maintain the accounts tracker file up to date with new handles and passwords.
- Use social media publishing tools to upload and publish posts, and track and manage the company’s social network channels.
- Monitor mentions of the company’s divisions, group partners, series, along with broadcaster and fan activities, and trade publication posts.
- Perform a quarterly audit of social media about us/bio sections.
- Track and propose periodic updates of social media account banners and update tracker files.
- Analyze and report on social media strategies and campaigns.
- Research industry trends and best practices.
- Internal communications tasks related to the Intranet: keep editorial calendar and intranet up to date with company announcements, media releases, DE&I initiatives, and events calendar.
- Coordinate all photo shoots and photo deliverables. Act as the main contact with the productions and photographers.
- Resize and format imagery for social media, website, presentations, press kits, etc. Prepare and provide key art files for award submissions.
- Work in tandem with the Communications Assistant in captioning and delivering photographic assets; posting internal announcements on the intranet; updating the intranet’s editorial calendar; and updating of photography tracker. Curate, coordinate, and maintain updates for websites. Maintain website guidelines and how to’s.
- Coordinate and manage the Intranet’s general branding, imagery, lay out, design, and content architecture and updates to the CMS.
- Coordinate marketing or press events in Montreal and Toronto.
- Research and coordinate domain renewals and purchase of new ones.
- Coordinate service subscriptions and make payments or perform upgrades/downgrades as requested.
- Liaise with printers on posters, business cards and stationery.
- Coordinate the updating of e-signatures, business cards, stationery, etc.
- Act as support to Cineflix Rights coordinator when needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Photoshop; and basic design skills
- Experience with Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Mailchimp or similar platforms
- Avid social media user
- Detail orientated and process driven with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Effective time management skills with the ability to adhere to deadlines
- A passion for TV and digital, and all things tech
- One to two years of experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We will be contacting selected candidates in the new year, after the holidays. We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process