Development Coordinator (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,500 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix is currently looking to fill the role of Development Coordinator on a full-time, maternity leave replacement contract of approximately 13-months, based in Toronto, Ontario on a hybrid in-office schedule.
Reporting to the VP of Scripted Development, the Development Coordinator will assist the scripted development team in researching and crafting story ideas and provide both creative and administrative support to the VP and Director of Scripted development in departmental duties, such as finding new IP to develop, writing outlines and pitch documents, assisting with departmental meeting scheduling and agendas, reach out to and manage relationships for potential talent, sources, publishers, agencies, writers, and contacts. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Scripted development and crime related content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide research on new and developing stories, sourcing content and IP
- Conduct interviews and maintain relationships with sources for new stories
- Assist in creating pitch documents such as outlines and decks
- Coordinate meeting schedules
- Source IP, and film/tv rights, establishing relationships with publishers and lit agents
- Maintain departmental spreadsheet with active projects and priorities and oversee unsolicited pitches through web portal (TBS once process fully gets approved)
- Read scripts or books and provide coverage/analysis
- Assist EP with research and meetings with writers in active development
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in Scripted development
- Previous experience in Crime related research and development
- Writing and research
- Critical thinking
- High attention to detail
- Creative analysis
- Time management and good organization
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including excel and word, Canva
- Proficiency in using archival news sites, tracking and sourcing contacts
- Strong and sensitive Communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham at https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/careers/64
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.