Development Intern (New York)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,500 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Productions is currently looking for a paid Intern for our New York Unscripted Development team. The Development Intern will learn from and assist the team with all facets of Development. This is an amazing opportunity for any students who are considering a career in television and want to learn how to develop, sell and produce a documentary, docu-series, reality series or any other programming in the unscripted space. This internship will be based in our New York office on a part-time schedule, on a fixed-term, to be discussed with the selected candidate, the Intern will receive $15.00 per hour.
The Intern will be able to participate in the team’s daily development meetings, as well as gain one-on-one mentoring from the Development Coordinator and the VP of Development along with the other team members. Some of the intern’s tasks will include:
- Compiling competitive marketplace research for the team
- Produce weekly intern “trend report” newsletter and circulate interesting articles they’ve come across in the past week
- Research tasks for various projects in development
- Assist coordinator with in-person miscellaneous administrative duties
- Pull B-roll and found footage for sizzle reels
- Transcribe interviews
- Quality check sizzles and treatments
- Attend internal and some external development meetings when permitted
- Develop and ideate own ideas (for example, if you’re interested in sports programming per se, you’d learn how to specifically develop an idea in that genre)
- Learn the components of producing good development decks and sizzles
- Set up 1-on-1 informational meetings with development team and connections/open to other teams if interested
In addition to the tasks above, the Intern will have a semester long project where they are charged with pitching a project of their own to the Development Team and the President and Head of Content, Cineflix Productions, at the end of the term. They will be responsible for creating a deck and optional found footage sizzle.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Assistant of Human Resources, Hariney Mathanakumar https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/careers/50. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.