Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator, Human Resources (Montreal)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator. This is a full-time position based in Montreal.
The DEI Coordinator’s mandate will include projects and initiatives such as the coordination of Cineflix’s internship and mentorship programs, assisting with the implementation of Diversity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and policy research and development. The Coordinator is also responsible for other Human Resources tasks, as described below. The individual in this role reports to the Director of Human Resources, and works closely with the Human Resources team based in Montreal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reasearch best practices for all offices
- Define parameters and processes
- Liaise with various departments and external internship coordinators from various schools to find appropriate placements in accordance with our needs and prepare internship agreements.
- Coordinate the Cineflix Productions External Mentorship program in accordance with the management directions.
- Coordinate the future internal mentorship program in accordance with the HR team’s direction.
- Liaise with universities/ organizations to set up Mentorship partnership
Training and Projects
- Research training for all offices, help implement and track progress
- Conduct research for various projects as presented by the local DEI committees or the HR department.
- Manage DEI observance calendar.
DEI Committees and Council
- Act as a moderator in each DEI Committee meeting.
- Liaise with HR department and DEI Council on questions and proposals from the Local DEI Committees.
- Research for any DEI related communications to ensure we are all aligned on intention.
- Attend monthly meeting with HR and Communications (Comms) to discuss upcoming project launches and roll-out plans. Take minutes in these meeting and conduct research as needed.
- Attend all quarterly joint DEI Committee and Council meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Research and update info on Intranet HR related content – DEI, policies, COVID, etc
- Design & create communication, PDFS, etc. for HR + Comms
- Propose content for DEI or Health and Safety sections of the intranet
- Assist with creating, maintaining and communicating Committee Member guidelines, procedures and expectations.
- Research new recruitment options for DEI for all offices and productions
- Liaise/create relationships with DEI recruitment sources
- Assist with full cycle recruitment on an as need bases.
Other Human Resources tasks:
- Draft select deal memos at the direction of the HR Director
- Act as a member of the Social Committee in Toronto
- Assist with the Toronto Health and Safety committee
- Provide additional administrative support as assigned.
- Tracking vaccination verification in all offices
- Prepare reports using our HRIS system
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous HR experience with a focus in DEI.
- Must have high proficiency on Mac and Microsoft office programs.
- Experience working with a database system (HRIS)
- Highly organized, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, and punctuality.
- Strong time management skills, and able to problem solve under tight deadlines.
- Able to work quickly and accurately.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham (https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=27&source=aWQ9MTc%3D) No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process