Media Services Technician (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,500 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking for a Media Services Technician for Cineflix’s FAST channel department. The Media Services Technician will work with a small team to collaborate in the development and distribution of TV series’ assets. Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Materials, Fast Channel, the Media Services Technician will be responsible for rendering video files to fit various streaming channel’s requirements, organizing closed captioning files, preparing Metadata documents and marketing materials for timely delivery and supporting the implementation of the programming strategy across various FAST Channel feeds to create effective and strong channels. This is a full-time position based in our Toronto, Onatrio office on a hybrid schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create the metadata for all TV series
- Organize TV series assets/files including video, closed captioning, and thumbnail artwork files
- Upload and ingest the assets to the streaming tool
- Create ad pods/breaks through spot checking each episode
- Render video files to upload
- Implement programs using the schedule guide provided by Programing Manager
- Troubleshoot video files with errors after quality assurance
- Import the metadata and status of the assets to Monday.com for the group to access
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly organized
- Ability to solve technical problems
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Media Encoder)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Attention to detail
- Team player
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham at https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/careers/63
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.