Media Services Technician (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking to fill the role of Media Services Technician. Reporting into the Senior Materials Coordinator, the Media Services Technician is responsible for the secure transfer of all data entering and leaving Cineflix systems, including all contractual delivery requirements worldwide. Additionally, the role prepares and QCs file-based content to defined specifications and workflows using specific digital media software and hardware as assigned by the Department Manager. This is a full-time position based in our Toronto office on a Hybrid schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the management all incoming and outgoing data
- Fulfilment of all contractual delivery requirements worldwide as scheduled
- Archive CR | Broadcast | FAST Channel | Marketing master files to P5 LTO software
- Restoration of elements for CR | Broadcast | FAST Channel | Marketing files from P5 LTO system as requested
- Maintain Inventory log via Team
- Index, label and document all LTO tapes.
- Shipping and logging of materials to off-site storage facility
- Operation of Video/Audio encoding hardware and software
- Operation of HDCam video tape machine for file creation
- Preparing, encoding, and packaging deliverable content as assigned
- Quality assurance of video and audio materials
- Transforming metadata to client requirements
- Liaising with Marketing for client artwork requirements
- Assistant Editor duties as required
- Additional duties as assigned by direct Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience using multiple types of physical media and media asset management
- Technical Aptitude and understanding of worldwide Broadcast and VOD technical standards
- Experience with Aspera, Signiant, FTP, and other file transfer methods (troubleshooting issues, understanding transfer speed capabilities)
- Excellent Customer Service skills – immediate response to sales and client needs, as well as service with a smile
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and tasks and prioritize work; works well under pressure
- Understanding of editing software: AVID, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, Pro Tools, Adobe Photoshop
- Background in A/V quality control is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham (https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/careers/47?source=aWQ9MTc%3D). No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process