Motion Graphics Designer – (Toronto) – Contract (for 7 months with a possibility of extension)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,500 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to assist in content creation within our in-house graphics department. The candidate will be responsible for creating graphics ranging from show packages (logos, lower thirds, etc.) to animated maps and explainer videos. There will also be some VFX requirements, so knowledge of compositing is a must. The ideal candidate is a visual storyteller that has a keen eye for design, is detail-oriented and can communicate ideas concisely and effectively in order to meet the expectations of Series Producers and editors.
This position starts on October 17, 2022 for approximately 7 months, with possibility for extension, and is based out of our Toronto office with the option to work remotely and in the office when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and animating using 2D & 3D software
- Compositing and VFX
- Working directly with producers, executives and showrunners to pitch and discuss creative briefs
- Attending team, production and company-wide meetings as required
- Problem solving technical and design challenges independently
- Offering creative input and brainstorm during pitch sessions
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director, VFX & Animation as required
- Is a visual storyteller who knows how to create a show identity and brand through graphics
- Is highly organized, accessible during work hours and comfortable working within an animation pipeline
- Communicates ideas clearly and concisely to team members and clients and executes them efficiently
- Has the ability to make and execute creative solutions in a timely manner and within budget
- Has the ability to lead and collaborate as well as work independently
- Has a developed aesthetic sense & background in broadcast design
- Has their finger on the pulse of current design and software trends
- Has a natural passion for creating and a drive to learn new skills and software
Skills and Qualifications
- MUST HAVE: 5+ years of experience
- MUST HAVE: Advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator & Cinema 4D
- BONUS: Knowledge of Octane Render
- BONUS: Coordination/administration experience
Please send your resume, cover letter and link to your demo reel to email@example.com (no phone calls please) and include your full name and “Motion Graphics Designer ” in the subject header. Only applications with a demo reel will be considered. Must include references.
We thank all applicants who respond, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
More Info: http://www.cineflix.com
Apply to: E. Yen, firstname.lastname@example.org