Post Production Accounting Manager (Montreal)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking to fill the role of Post Production Accounting Manager. This is a full time position based in our downtown Montreal office.
The Post Production Accounting Manager’s role is to oversee the Post Production Accounting department, manage the Post Production accounting process for all productions, provide senior management with the required information and work collaboratively across multiple departments
Duties and Responsibilities
- General supervision of the Post Production accounting department
- Oversee the production closing and the tax credit calculation for the production fiscal year end
- Update tax credit receivable tracker and Post Production accounting tracker ( o/s audits, o/s certification, ..)
- Prepare the individual financial statements for the fiscal year end of all production companies
- Prepare the amalgamation documents for final tax returns
- Oversee the quarterly process for preparation of management accounts for production companies and support the corporate financial team in the annual audit
- Prepare consolidated statements of the production companies
- Manage the multiple government audits for tax credits claims and Canadian Content
- Prepare the monthly Bank reporting Actual to Forecast variance report for the production companies
- Prepare various reports related to production for the Treasury department including (but not limited to) the 16 weeks re-forecast cash flow and borrowing base
- Prepare the production cash flow forecast for the upcoming year (Budget)
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in production or post production accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Values team work
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham (https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=30). No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.