Scripted TV Development Manager, Cineflix Productions (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Productions is looking for a Scripted Development Manager to join their expanding team. Reporting to the Executive Producer, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping grow and manage Cineflix Productions’ slate of original scripted productions. This is a full-time position, based in Toronto.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sourcing and developing original scripted content
- Bringing in potential projects – analyze various IP opportunities to identify potential content for development in the broadcast space.
- Helping to manage and coordinate with in-house research team.
- Accumulate knowledge of networks’ schedules and trends and identify programming opportunities based on current cultural trends.
- Coordinating project-specific pitch materials with Executive Producer and internal teams.
- Aggressively develop, secure, and maintain good relationships with the creative community including talent, agents, and network buyers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of scripted creative development experience with a production company or broadcaster.
- Experience in identifying original scripted programming for various (cable, streaming, premium) outlets.
- Relationships with agents, writers, content creators.
- Proven experience working with networks (both Canadian & U.S.)
- A risk-taking mind-set: Must be open to thinking outside of traditional formats and broadcast models.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Great ability to establish contacts and open doors.
- Ability to travel on an “as needed basis”.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process