Senior Executive, Post Production (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is looking for a Senior Executive to lead our team of Post Production professionals. This role will drive strategic vision, communication, and alignment alongside all Cineflix divisions. This is a full-time position, based in Toronto.
This role will also help to identify trends, opportunities, and issues, both internally and externally within the Post Production community. They will work with the production and distribution teams to plan and implement processes, schedules, and budgets across all aspects of the business.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires a confident and strategic communicator, a dedicated team player, a proactive and positive thinker, and someone able to exercise good judgment and initiative. This role involves being both assertive and diplomatic in leading a team that is both dynamic and forward thinking.
A solid and extensive background in all the aspects of post-production leadership and technology is required and a creative person who is able to take Cineflix’s vision to the next level in production workflows.
This candidate must be able to lead, motivate and develop a team of other Managers and Coordinators in a high volume, fast paced environment. They must have the ability to communicate directly and strategically between multiple parties – understanding the timely and important issues and knowledge which need to be shared across all departments within Cineflix Media
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Post Production staff.
- Maintain an in-house on-line facility.
- Work on the Post Production budgets and schedules with the budgeting team.
- Research new Post Production facilities and processes. Sourcing new and more efficient ways of producing programming.
- Review all deliverable contracts from the broadcaster for business affairs and legal, adjust where necessary.
- Explore Post Production facilities for quotes and procedures within the budget, confirming financial arrangements.
- Hire and assign a post coordinator to each Series.
- Structure editing schedules after liaising with all parties concerned.
- Coordinate with the Director and Series Producer on all animation and graphic work. This includes the quotes, visual research information, and process.
- Hire and set up Stock Footage Researchers for each Production.
- Oversee the Cineflix stock footage database and sales to Pond5.
- Facilitate the complete delivery to the broadcaster.
- Confer with accounting on all Post Production related costs including Post Production budgets.
- Manage the Post Production Operating budget.
- Manage the Cineflix Rights materials delivery team, facilitating the outsourcing of the tape storage and the movement of the team to Toronto.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Roxana Firescu, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse work environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.