Senior Manager, Business and Legal Affairs (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Manager of Business and Legal Affairs. Reporting to the EVP, Global Business and Legal Affairs, this position will be based in our Toronto office on a hybrid Schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track status of agreements and related payments. Coordinate with the sales, business affairs, creative and production execs, and finance regarding contract and payment issues.
- Track contract terms and deadlines and follow up with stakeholders as needed.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, meet tight deadlines.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of legal documents and contracts with external and internal stakeholders.
- Draft, redline, and revise a variety of contracts, amendments and other legal documents using established templates, where available, in connection with the development and production of television, digital or other productions with lawyer guidance as needed.
- Serve as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders regarding contract status, issues, and questions.
- Prepare contract summaries.
- Assist with guild related questions and paperwork.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned and directed by the senior members of the Legal & Business Affairs team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the entertainment industry.
- Excellent knowledge of entertainment industry practices and trends.
- Paralegal certification is an asset
- Strong drafting, and administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Corporate maintenance experience is asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham at https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/careers/53?source=aWQ9MTc%3D. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.