Materials Coordinator (Toronto)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Media is currently looking for a Materials Coordinator for our Post Production team. Reporting to the Materials Traffic, Senior Coordinator, the Materials Coordinator’s main responsibilities will be the management of marketing materials (Scripts Synopses, Images, etc), master file creation (Encoding, editing and conversions) and Metadata creation.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Toronto office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with 3rd Party Producers / Cineflix Productions and Marketing team to obtain all required supporting materials (IE: Scripts, Synopses, Images, etc).
- Organization and uploading of marketing materials to Cineflix Rights website
- Setting clients up with accounts to the Cineflix Rights website – providing access to supporting materials
- Misc requests from clients (ex. key art, posters, logos, etc), Coordination with marketing or the producer to specific spec materials or Marketing needs
- Creation of metadata for Cineflix Rights series
- Encoding and uploading Cineflix Rights programs to Brightcove – for the Cineflix Rights website
- Reversioning Cineflix Rights masters into new master files (IE – adding logos, closing blacks, etc)
- Master file frame rate conversions
- Audio stem frame rate conversions
- Working directly with Marketing for Festival, Awards, Showreels, etc
- Other duties and responsibilities as advised by Senior Materials Coordinator
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience using Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Premiere Pro and/ or Avid
- Strong Technical Aptitude and understanding of worldwide Broadcast technical standards, as well as keeping up with the latest technical standards and broadcast specs
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Ablitiy to multi-task and change gears like a pro based on daily workload / workflow
- Attention to cost and being cost efficient
- Ability to work independantly and as a team player
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We will be contacting selected candidates in the new year, after the holidays. We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.