VP, Business & Legal Affairs (London, UK)
Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada. With a catalogue of more than 5,000 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV’s most popular and long-running shows.
Cineflix Rights is currently looking to fill the role of VP, Business & Legal Affairs. Reporting into the Director of Business Affairs, the VP will be responsible for providing business and legal support to Cineflix Rights (CR). The Business Affairs (BA) team comprises of the Director, a BA Manager and four BA executives. The Director currently oversees both contact negotiation and rights management with specific responsibility for high value contract negotiation. As a result of growth, we have decided to hire someone with specific responsibility for the most important negotiations. This is a full-time position based in our London office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the negotiation and conclusion of CR’s distribution agreements, production presales and other high value contracts to meet production, marketing and release schedules
- Advise BA and Sales team on Rights licenses with specific focus on Windows and Rights segmentation in such a way that maximises the value of CR’s content.
- Provide Senior Management, Sales and Acquisitions Teams with advice on rights, legal and commercial issues arising from licenses and our platforms, broadcaster and producer partners.
- Provide support to the BA Director in the development of the BA Team
- Support the team on issues arising from contracts for which they are responsible including:
- Requests to vary standard terms and conditions.
- Rights conflicts with other broadcasters
- Early release of materials
- Building and maintaining internal and external relationships and partnerships to ensure timely execution of contracts to deadlines, delivery of materials and collection of licence fees.
- Consult with outside counsel when required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham, https://cineflix.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=33&source=aWQ9MTc%3D
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse work environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.